Asian Vegetable Noodle Soup
DescriptionCombine carrots, shiitake mushrooms, baby bok choy, and green onions with hearty Lo mein noodles and the fresh flavors of ginger and cilantro, and you have one terrific soup.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup julienned (matchstick cut) carrots
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 ounces Veggie-Stock Gold® dissolved in 4 cups hot water
- 2 ounces wide Lo mein noodles, broken in half
- 1/3 cup trimmed and thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small head baby bok choy, roughly chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2-3 green onions, white parts only, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet on high about 2 minutes. Add the vegetable oil and swirl to it coat pan (the oil should smoke slightly). Add the carrots and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and vegetable stock and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the noodles and and return the soup to a boil. About 3 minutes after adding the noodles, stir in the mushrooms and baby bok choy. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the noodles are cooked. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the green onions and cilantro.