Basil Sauce for Pasta
DescriptionMake this sauce in high summer, when basil is abundant. With cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan, this sauce is the perfect way to dress up your favorite pasta.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 ounces Veggie-Stock Gold®
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh basil (about 2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut in thin strips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the cream and Veggie-Stock Gold® and whisk until the stock has dissolved into the cream.
- Add the basil, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with cooked pasta and pass a bowl of grated Parmesan at the table.