Couscous Salad with Radishes and Pine Nuts
DescriptionA refreshing complement to roasted or grilled meats, poultry, or fish. Most of the work can be done ahead of time, but add the radishes just before serving so they remain crisp and retain their bright red border.
12 as a side dish
- 1 1/2 ounces Veggie-Stock Gold®
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 cups quick-cooking couscous
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice, divided
- Finely grated zest of 2 oranges
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, as needed
- Salt and ground black pepper, as needed
- Combine the Veggie-Stock Gold®, water, and 1 teaspoon salt (if using) and bring the mixture to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the couscous in a steady stream, stirring until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 2 minutes. Cover the pan and let the couscous stand until it is tender, about 2 minutes more.
- Pour the couscous into a large bowl to cool, separating it with your hands or a wooden spoon.
- When the couscous is cool, stir in 1 cup of the orange juice, the orange zest, pine nuts, and cilantro.
- Before serving, add radishes, oil, the remaining orange juice, and cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper as needed.