DescriptionThe classic French mother sauce--now gluten-free. The secret? Our Glace de Viande Gold and a little rice flour. The deep flavor of this velvety sauce is delicious on its own--or with splash of Madeira or Port, a handful of sautéed mushrooms, or a sprinkling of chopped fresh herbs.
about 1 cup
- 1 1/2 ounces Glace de Viande Gold®
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon rice flour
- In a liquid measuring cup combine the Glace de Viande Gold® and enough water to total 1 cup, and then pour the combination into a small saucepan. Over medium-low heat, whisk until the solids dissolve and the mixture comes to a simmer. Adjust the heat to stay at a gentle simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes, until the glace thickens slightly.
- While the glace is simmering, combine the butter and rice flour in small bowl and work them together with a spoon or spatula to make a thick paste.
- After the glace has simmered for 6 minutes, whisk in the butter/flour paste until it dissolves. Continue simmering, whisking frequently, another 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens to the point that it will coat a spoon.