Pea Soup with Mint
DescriptionThis fresh, bright green soup is delicious chilled or warm. Serve it with a swirl of sour cream and garnish it with a mint leaf. For a vegetarian version, use our Veggie-Stock Gold.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1/3 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1 1/2 ounces Fond de Poulet Gold® (or Veggie-Stock Gold®) dissolved in 4 cups hot water
- 3 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon sour cream or creme fraiche mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and the mint leaves and sauté until the shallots are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diluted Fond de Poulet Gold® and the peas and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat slightly, add the cream, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Purée the soup in batches in a blender until it's very smooth, then return it to the pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (If you want to serve the soup chilled, transfer it to a container with a cover and chill until cold, about 4 hours or overnight.)
- Serve the soup with the sour cream mixture drizzled over the top, garnished with a mint leaf.