Quick Ravigote Sauce
DescriptionThis refreshing sauce, flavored with the tang of vinegar, white wine, and herbs, complements mussels, salmon, or chicken.
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, plus 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 3 whole fresh chives, plus 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 2 sprigs fresh chervil, plus 1 teaspoon minced fresh chervil
- 1 container (11 ounces) More Than Gourmet White Wine Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Combine the the onion, wine and vinegar in a saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil, and cook until the liquid is reduced by three-fourths.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the More Than Gourmet White Wine Sauce and the herb sprigs and whole chives. Simmer gently until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Strain the sauce, then return it to the heat and whisk in the butter. Add the chopped herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper.