DescriptionHave you ever bought a splendid loaf of bread only to have it go stale? Have you wanted a special garnish for your soup or salad? These croutons will do just that! The flavor is sensational and, from a heart-healthy standpoint, duck fat is similar to olive oil.
- 1 clove garlic, split
- 1 1/2 ounces Graisse de Canard Gold®
- 1 cup stale 7-grain, rye, or sourdough bread cubes (about ¾ x ¾ inch), crusts removed
- Salt to taste
- Combine the garlic with Graisse de Canard Gold® in a small bowl, mashing to infuse the duck fat with garlic.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Turn the bread cubes quickly in duck fat mixture to coat all sides, then sauté until they are golden on all sides.
- Drain the croutons on paper towels and sprinkle them with salt.